• If you don’t like yourself (and your inner selves) then you’ll find it hard to like other people. The more you like yourself the more others will like you.
• The degree to which you are uncomfortable with your own inner selves reflects the degree that you will be triggered by other people’s selves.
• People who cannot be open and honest with themselves expect dishonesty and deception in others.
• If you feel free to be who you really are then you will be comfortable with others who feel free to be themselves, even those who are very different from you.
• There are always things within us that we really need to change and this is usually an area where we have problems. The aware adult state is the only position from which two people can safely share this kind of information with each other.
• The better you are at receiving positive or constructive criticism from others and owning the parts of it that are true, the better you will be at sharing the same kind of message with others.
• The harder you find it to look at and deal with these issues in you, the harder it will be to talk as an aware adult to others even about things they really might need to look at in themselves.
• One way to deal with another person whose primary self is strongly out of balance is to let them know that as your aware ego develops, you too are able to connect to a similar self or energy, within you, even though it is normally disowned or hidden.
SEE ALSO THE GREAT LAW OF ENERGETIC BALANCE
Copyright © John Nutting 1996 -
Don't worry about these copyright notices at the foot of each page. It just means I want to hang on to legal ownership of what I write for use in future books. Until that day, please feel free to copy and even adapt them for your own use and for friends as long as you acknowledge me as the author and owner of the copyright and you don't charge anyone for them. If you want to use them professionally or commercially (charge a fee for them) or for clients, each sheet you hand out must include full acknowledgment of copyright ownership as above and if you are benefiting as a result, I would appreciate an appropriate sharing.
Disowning and disowned selves are both controlled by the psychic law of energetic balance
Based on Dr. Hal Stone and Dr. Sidra Stone’s basic psychic laws, page 15 in ‘Embracing
For each energy state or self within you there exists an opposite energy or an opposite self. Often one is outside of you, other times both are inside you. You cannot get rid of either one of them and if you try to disown one it will find other ways to come back to you in order to maintain energetic balance.
When you disown an inner self this law can have an extremely powerful effect:.
For an explanation of what is meant by “disowned selves” click on
This link Disowning explained
The Psychic law of Energetic balance as it Applies to Disowned selves
1. Whatever part of your personality you disown, will turn up again and again in your life or in other people around you. The more you feel strong negative or positive energy towards them, the more likely their personality reflects some of your disowned parts.
2. Your disowned parts can also turn up in the same way in animals, mechanical and electronic objects or other things around you.
3. The more you hate, judge, reject, or try to disempower something outside you, the stronger the chance it reflects a disowned part of your personality.
4. If you overvalue, obsess over or feel you cannot resist someone or something, it is equally likely this reflects a disowned part of your personality.
5. Each time this happens it is a chance to learn another lesson about your selves and who you really are. However, you will only see this when you are ready to learn that lesson and can step back far enough to see what the lesson is really about.
6. Until the day you learn that lesson you will continue to attract into your life
people, animals, mechanical and electronic objects or other things that you will
continue to hate, judge, reject, over-
7. Judging, rejecting, overvaluing or being unable to resist people, objects and things that turn up constantly around you, means you are attributing greater value and importance to those items than to yourself. As long as you treat them as if they have some kind of power over you, you treat yourself as less powerful than they are.
8. All this takes up a great deal of time and energy you could be using to become more aware, more conscious and more adult.
|Links and Practitioners|
|Voice Dialogue Facilitators|
|Endorsed Self Awareness links|
|How to Start|
|Who is driving|
|What you can do about RSDP|
|The Darker side of RSDP|
|RSDP case studies|
|Might Hurt a Bit|
|Is it Safe to Change Here|
|Inner Parents and Under age selves|
|Negative Core Belief and inner Child|
|Hot Wired or Triggered|
|Bottom Line Issues|
|Four Levels of Self Awareness|
|Processing Your Past|
|Emotional Age Awareness|
|What Selves Do|
|Free Inner self Profile sheet|
|Specially Entitled selves|
|The Knower group|
|Cannons Crucifixes or Concrete|
|Inner Selves - other|
|Short History of Inner Selves|
|Rescuer-Bird- Broken Wing|
|1001 Typical selves|
|Life on Your Bus|
|The Stolen Self Esteem Case|
|Do That Again and Again|
|The Lighter Side|
|Inner Child e-mail|
|God's letter to All|
|Rules School of Life|
|A time comes when you get it|
|Law of energetic balance|
|Personal and Impersonal Pairs|
|Doing and Being Pairs|
|Polarised Selves and Flipping|
|Primary vs Disowned Selves|
|Identifying Polar Opposites|
|Unbalanced Polar Opposites|
|Power and Control Issues|
|Impersonal or Personal Case Studies|
|Drawing a Bonding Pattern|
|Bonding pattern Case studies|
|About John Nutting|
|Websites Voice Dialogue|
|Overview Addictive Substances|
|PATH and HOLES|
|The Twelve Steps|
|SELVES and Addict cycles|
|Narcisstic personality Disorder|
|Developmemntal Trauma Disorder (DTD)|
|Dissociative Identity Disorder|
|PTSD and EMDR new information|
|Trauma History sheets|